This work is part of the Victorian Government's $2.4b plan to remove at least 20 level crossings by 2018. This project includes removing the level crossings by lowering the rail lines, reconstruction of local stations as well as improvements to the road and public transport connections.
The project works included the following:
- Lowering of the rail line under Burke Road in Glen Iris.
- Construction of a new train station precinct for Gardiner Station.
- Lowering of the rail line under North Road, Ormond.
- Construction of a new train precinct for Ormond Station.
- Lowering of the rail line under Centre Road, Bentleigh.
- Construction of new train station precinct for Bentleigh Station.
- Lowering of the rail line under Mckinnon Road, Mckinnon.
- Construction of a new train station precinct for Mckinnon Station.
- Construction of a new tram stop in Glen Iris.
- Associated rail and track works.
BIM Edge trained the team to use iPad’s on site with BIM viewing software the team can make decision in the field and quickly get access to the information required.
BIM Edge developed many detailed 4D construction staging diagrams using the BIM information to reduce contractor risk and further team understanding.